Going out and shopping every week isn’t economical for most people, including myself. When I started this blog, I wanted to show my readers that you don’t have to buy the most expensive jeans or shoes to look your best every day. Being a smart shopper is so important when you’re on a budget. But, I also want to tell you that you don’t have to go out and buy a new piece of clothing every time you feel like you don’t have something to wear! I may be a little guilty through of the after work mall run to find a cute top before going out for the night 🙂
Maybe you have a go-to top that you always wear when you go to dinner with your significant other. Or maybe you have those booties that are so comfortable for bar-hopping, that you literally wear them every weekend. Having a favorite go-to piece is a good thing, but in order to make each outfit you wear feel a little different, here are 5 tips for creating new outfits with the clothes you already have:
1. Add a new accessory! Style your outfit with a different bag, hat, pair of sunglasses, belt, or even a statement necklace. An accessory change can completely transform your outfit into something different.
2. Change up the shoes. Have a favorite outfit that you want to change-up just a bit? Pair your favorite casual jeans + tee look with some over the knee boots, or throw on your slip on sneakers with a t-shirt dress. A pair of shoes can make your look causal or dressed up in seconds, depending on the look that you want to go for.
3. Wear your top a different way. Can your go-to top be worn a different way? This simple striped tee that I’m wearing could be tied in a front knot, tucked all the way in, or even just half-tucked. If you have a longer sweater, try putting a belt over it, or even wear it over a pair of leather leggings for an edgier look. Tops can be styled in a multitude of ways, get creative 🙂
4. Incorporate a bold piece. Throw on that fab embroidered leather jacket, those leopard booties, or a statement top (off-the-shoulder/ruffles/etc.) that will get everyone looking. One piece can make everyone completely forget you have worn almost the same outfit for the third weekend in a row 😉
5. When in doubt, Pinterest it! If I am ever having difficulties putting an outfit together, or not sure what type of jacket or accessory to wear with a certain piece, I always hit up Pinterest for some inspiration. I have even looked up “celebrity airport style” just to come up with some cute looks to wear to the airport, I’m weird!
I hope these tips help you come up with some new and exciting looks without you having to spend a penny. Obviously, I love buying new pieces, but sometimes you just need to throw the credit card back into your wallet and look inside your own closet instead. Your bank account will thank you later 🙂
Thanks for reading!